How to perform a social media audit
- January 28, 2018
- Social Media Audit
Complete Social Media Audit for every business
In the last years, we understand much better the importance of creating one natural profile for every online business. Every business owner must have one clear business strategy, it is his duty to identify those factors who can improve his brand awareness. Social media strategy represent one wise direction for your business and for your success. Some people don’t understand how important it is in our days to perform one complete social media audit.
Optimize your social media presence
If in the past for such audit you must search very well a lot of profiles, image optimization, urls structures and other factors, in the present, fortunately, for one complete social media audit we can use many social media analytics tools or software.
A successful social media audit must offer at the end one clear image of your online presence, your targeted audience and most important can reveal the best direction from where your business can receive new potential clients.
Our best recommendation is to be sure that you are effectively monitoring your brand’s performance and for this, you must check directly your relevance across networks and profiles and, wise it will be to check your competitor’s social media presence through one competitive analysis.
Generally speaking, for every social media audit it is wise to include the following (please feel free to read more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_marketing):
* Profile information
* Publishing metrics
* Engagement metrics
* Audience demographics
* Referral traffic
* Channel and other specific metrics
It is well recommended to create one clear audit for all your online social presence, please try to insert in your audit at least the following:
Account and Branding
– here you must insert at least your profile: “@username”
– what is your social profile URL: “www.socialmedia.com/username”
– that social profile it is verified? Yes or No?
– Check very well if your profile matches style guidelines!
– Do you have the option to add your URL to your Bio or not?
– please check your shares and tweets sent
– what are your organic impressions?
– YOY change?
– please verify DM’s sent
– what can you tell about conversations?
-please check and write your total engagements
– once again, YOY change
– few things and notes about Engagement Rate
-link clicks must be verified too
– for some platforms, such as Twitter, please verify your Retweets or likes
– Mention received are there?
– here you must verify your total followers, friends, connections
– for one period of time, try to make one report related to your new followers or friends or about your collections
– New accounts you followed
– Include some other factors for your audience – male, female, locations, languages and much more.
For all your social media audits you must insert one section related to your posts, how can those be organized:
* video and promotional posts
* Educational information
* Entertainment info
All the time it is well to have one organized spreadsheet, with all your channels, do it on the monthly or yearly basis, include some seasonal changes, and don’t forget that for some social platforms you must add some targeted metrics or factors.
Not in the end we want to reveal some of the most important social media audit tools that can be used for your purpose, some of them are free or for other websites, you must add your subscription.
- Knowem – here you can find your existing social media profiles
- Namechk – use this powerful tool in order to discover your desired username or URL that are still available at dozens of social media platforms
- FanPage Karma – your favorite tool for social media management – composing, planning and publishing posts.
- You can check a lot of factors about your Twitter activity using Twitonomy – one powerful account analysis tool.
- Hootsuite Analytics Tool – Social media analytics – great option for brand monitoring and enhanced analytics report
- Use social media management tool – socialbakers.com – another wise opportunity for your business.
- BuzzBundle – covers a wide range of social media platforms.
- Social Media Audit powered by SemRush – try to understand better your audience and discover what people are saying about your brand.
- One powerful tool is provided by Google – Google Alerts– represent a free and great tool that allows you to discover which social platforms are driving traffic and conversions.
- Brand24 – Another option for every business to check their statistics about entire content and audience.
- Discover SumAll – your reliable online partner for your social media platforms – obtain attractive charts that will allow you to understand more about the latest search engines algorithms.
Once again, it is important to understand that boosting your business using social media represent a wise investment and you can obtain great results and top rankings with genuine and “white-hat” marketing activities. Good luck!
Online Marketer | Multilingual SEO Services
About us and this blog
We are a full service agency that deliver compelling digital marketing solution. Our winning solutions and experience helps to deliver great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offers professional SEO services that help websites increase organic search drastically and compete for 1st page rankings of highly competitive keywords.
More from our blogSee all posts
- Link Building Resources and Techniques 2019 June 14, 2019
- How to repair and solve a rankings drop January 21, 2019
- Merry Christmas And Happy Holidays! December 25, 2018
- How to get more clients for your business October 7, 2018
- Secrets to improve the user experience on your website March 4, 2018
- White Hat SEO Techniques 2018 February 6, 2018